Tuesday, January 20, 2009

January Stamp Club Project #2

















I CASEd the idea for Project #2 from this post as well as this one. (SCS)


The base of the calender is a 5 1/2 x 8 1/2 piece of black card stock, scored at 4 1/4.


I stamped seasonal images from "Best Wishest & More" on each of the colored pieces of cs (4 x 5 1/4) using Versamark ink:


Bashful blue/ snowflake/ Jan-Mar

Pixie Pink/ bird/ Apr-Jun

YoYo Yellow/ flower/ July-Sept

Tangerine Tango/ leaf/ Oct-Dec


(As a relatively new S.U. demonstrator, my supplies are limited. These were the colors I had on hand...I'm sure there are other color combinations that would coordinate better.)


I stamped the appropriate tree from "A Tree For All Seasons" (sadly retired Jan. 18th) on a 1 3/4" square of Whisper White, with a 2'' square black card stock mat. The images were colored using Stampin' Write markers.


I printed the calendar from this website and reduced the size 70% so that the three month block measures approx 1 1/4 x 4 1/4. The black mat measures 4 1/2 x 1 1/2.


I used the Cropodile (Love it!) to punch holes at the bottom. The black gigham ribbon is not only decorative, but it helps to keep the calender card standing up.


Wouldn't this be a great way to remember your club meetings?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Kathy, you created a beautiful desk calendar with your supplies. I would not change a thing. I am impressed you would should this more difficult project as a new Demo......Great job :-) Last year I made 9 of these calendars and this year 16.....be prepared. Everyone will want another for 2010 :-) TFS