Thursday, March 5, 2009

Happy Anniversary to Me!




Today marks my one year anniversary as a Stampin’ Up demonstrator and only about a year and a half as a stamper. I always avoided stamping, thinking I spent enough money on my scrapbooking habit! But after I attended a workshop where my upline, Susan Elise, was the demonstrator, I was hooked! She is not only a talented and creative person………she is one of the sweetest, generous, and most patient people I know! Never in a MILLION years did I think I would be selling ANYTHING but Susan Elise reminded me that I am a teacher (I used to teach children with Learning Disabilities) and she was right! I basically teach others how to make projects, and the quality of Stampin’ Up products sell themselves.
It has been a fun year of learning just about everything I know about stamping from Susan Elise, and her team of “Southern Stars”. I spent hours on
SplitCoastStampers.com and even more hours “blurfing” (blog surfing) the sites of other super creative Stampin’ Up! demonstrators. I did a few workshops this past year, but mostly I talked a few friends into joining a monthly stamp club to support me in this new venture. (Thanks Wendy, Nancy, Leighanna, Glenda, Judy, Donna, Lyn, and Kathy!) An extra big “Thank You” goes out to Donna (who also happens to be my sister) for getting her group of crafty friends to place orders on a regular basis. I wouldn’t be starting a second year as a demonstrator if it wasn’t for all of you!!!!
So just for fun…….here is the first project I ever designed and stamped……my 2007 Christmas cards.



And here are the cards I made for Christmas 2008. I designed the snow globe card myself and cased the Christmas tree from
this site.




Thanks for taking the time to read all the way to the end of this post. Please leave a comment. If I get comments from at least 10 different people, I will choose a winner for some kind of blog candy.

1 comment:

Connie P said...

so I guess it wouldn't count if I comment 10 times??? I like the snow globe card. If you can remember that far back, how did you make the base?