Sunday, April 11, 2010

Color Renovation

Last week Stampin’ Up announced to its demonstrators that they will be going through a Color Renovation. Here is a list of the current colors that will be retiring.


Some former In Colors are coming back as part of the new core collections, and 5 brand new colors are being introduced.



All this will happen in July, with the new Idea Book & Catalog. There will also be 5 new In Colors, which will be available for two full years, instead of the current one year.

I must admit, that at first, I was shocked at the announcement, and somewhat disappointed that they decided to make this change………..especially since I was gradually purchasing all the colors of cardstock, and have almost completed my collection!

But after listening to the information presented to us on the demonstrator website, and reading other blogs for opinions………..I am excited about the change. Most of my favorite colors are sticking around, many of the retiring colors I NEVER used, a few of my favorite In Colors from the past are becoming part of the new collection, and most of all, if I understand correctly, the new catalog will have more accessories that coordinate will the cardstock colors! Yeah! I think I avoided using certain colors because there wasn’t ribbon to match the ink and cardstock.

I think the best analogy I have heard about the color change is to think about when you are shopping. Isn’t it fun to see all the new colors used in clothing, purses, make-up, and even cars? Wouldn’t it be dull and boring if we wore the same colors of clothing year after year after year?!

And - have you ever had a product that you really loved, suddenly disappear from the shelves because it was discontinued? Wouldn’t you have bought extras, if only you knew ahead of time it would no longer be available? With this announcement by Stampin’ Up, we have time to stock up on our favorite colors before they are gone.

This Color Renovation may be overwhelming at first, but just like a renovation to your home, the end result is something beautiful and you are happy with the results and glad you did it!

I am looking forward to the next few months – trying to use up that stash of cardstock I have been purchasing! Contact me if you would like to get together with your friends and help me! Keep checking my blog and Stampin’ Up website for future class offerings!

No comments: