Thursday, July 24, 2014

Christmas in July - Homework!

I like to challenge my stamp club members by encouraging them to stamp in between our monthly meetings.  At our June meetings, I gave everyone that accepted the challenge these supplies - a Very Vanilla card base, strips of Real Red and Old Olive card stock, and two strips of some retired Designer Series Paper.  I told them that they must use all of these pieces to make their card.  They did not have to use the entire piece - but must use a part of each piece.  They can use other supplies that they have (Stampin' Up! if they have them.)  I also told them that I would prefer a Christmas card.

For the first time since I began giving homework - I took the challenge myself.  I must say that this was very difficult for me!  I like to CASE (Copy And Share Everything.)  So to come up with an original idea was tough.  And the bold circles on that DSP did not make it easy!  But after a lot of trial and error, this is what I came up with:

The small striped piece is the back of one of the patterned strips. I'm not thrilled with this card, but I don't hate it either. 

Thanks for stopping by!
Kathy

Check back tomorrow to see what my club members did with these materials.  You will be amazed!

No comments: