Sunday, December 11, 2016

My Eagle Scout!

I'm interrupting my regular blogging to brag a little bit about my son, Ben.  He earned the rank of Eagle Scout back in July for a garden renovation project he did at his old elementary school.  He really worked hard on the project and did it all on his own: from planning, fundraising, getting volunteers/donations, and organizing/directing the workers over the course of several days to complete the project.  He was even planning his awards ceremony with two friends who also made Eagle around the same time.  

On the Sunday before the ceremony I got involved when one of the other moms decided centerpieces might jazz up the tables a bit.  I agreed - so I went home that night and searched Pinterest for ideas and this is what we came up with:


The other mom and I got together several times that week to make 22 of these, and even though I wasn't planning to get involved with the planning of the Court of Honor ceremony - I'm glad I did, because I think they turned out nice and added a little something to the event.

Then the morning of the ceremony(!) I decided that I probably should make Ben a card  so this is what I came up with:
Ben makes me proud every day - he is a great kid.  He gets good grades, stays out of trouble, and is already accepted to the Virginia Military Institute for the fall.  But having him ask me to help him make Thank You notes made me SOOOOOOOOOOOO happy!  Here he is stamping his cards: 



Thanks for stopping by today.
Kathy



No comments: