Saturday, March 25, 2017

Countdown to Christmas - 9 months

 How did March 25 get here so fast?!  That means there are only 9 months until Christmas!  For the past few years I have tried to post a Christmas card on the 25th of each month - and suggested getting an early start on making your Christmas cards.  Well - this year has just flown by - so I am playing catch up and posting THREE Christmas cards for you today!

These are all quick and easy cards - I checked Pinterest and whipped these three up in about an hour using Stampin' Up! products.  The one above is a Crumb Card card with a strip of This Christmas Specialty Designer Series Paper and a small strip of Cherry Cobbler card stock.  The stamp set I used is Tin of Tags from last year's holiday catalog.  I added a rhinestone to the center of each snow flake.

Here is another card that starts with a Crumb Cake card base.  It is a great card for using up all those patterned paper scraps from other projects.  I used the Softly Falling embossing folder with the Big Shot - to add the snow to the background and then sponged the embossed paper with white craft ink.  I drew some snow on the ground at the base of the tree trunk using a chalk marker - but I know I have a stamp set somewhere with a "swoosh" that would probably look better.  I used a retired punch to add a star to the top of the tree. The Merry Christmas stamped at the bottom of the card is from Teeny Tiny Wishes.
Here is the last card  -  but this time I used a Crumb Cake note card.  It is a little smaller than a standard card.  The photo below shows how I cut the word "merry" from the Real Red mat.  This is a way to save a little card stock.  I covered that hole with the images stamped on a piece of Whisper White card stock.  I used the stamp set Holly Jolly Greetings


These cards are quick and easy to recreate - and a great way to get started on making hand crafted Christmas cards this year.

CLICK HERE to visit my Stampin' Up! website.  Our current Sale-a-bration promotion ends at the end of this month - earn a free product with each $50 purchase.

CONTACT ME if you have any questions.

Thanks for stopping by!
Kathy



No comments: