Monday, March 13, 2017

Dragonfly Dreams

 
When Stampin' Up! revealed the Dragonfly Dreams stamp set at OnStage in November - my first reaction was "eewww."  I think of dragonflies as big ugly bugs that sting and I did NOT like this stamp set one bit.  But I definitely was in the minority - because just about everyone else there seemed to "ooh" and "aah" over it.  And just about everyone who has seen the cards I made with the set - has also gone on to buy the stamp set and coordinating Detailed Dragonfly thinlits dies.

This card was made using a Pear Pizzazz card stock card base.  The dots are stamped twice using Pear Pizzazz ink.  I stamped the dragon fly using Stampin' Up!'s archival black ink then cut it out using the coordinating die.  The wings were colored using the NEW watercolor pencils.  I colored using the pencils first, then blended the colors together using a blender pen.  This set does have some great choice for greetings for the front and inside of the card.

Below is the same card with the white piece and black mat tilted a bit.


You can bundle the stamp set and dies together and save 10%.  And for an additional $3.25 purchase,  you will earn a FREE Sale-a-bration item.

CLICK HERE NOW to visit my Stampin' Up! online store and to see current specials and promotions.

CONTACT ME if you have any questions.


Thanks for stopping by!
Kathy



No comments: