Monday, January 1, 2018

Happy New Year!

Wishing you a Healthy and Happy New Year!
This is a card that we made at my December stamp club classes.  I designed projects that used retiring products from the 2017 Stampin' Up! Holiday catalog - products that you can only get through TOMORROW, January 2.  You can see all of the projects we made by CLICKING HERE.


The Happy New Year card came about because I did not want to waste the Silver Foil paper that we used when making the card below:
On this card, I cut a piece of silver card stock 4 x 5.25 to place behind the white piece embossed with the snowflake and the snowflake strip of paper.  That is a lot of silver card stock that is just being covered up - so I used my Large Numbers dies and cut out "2018" from the top portion of the silver - then covered the holes using the white embossed piece. 

This is how I positioned the numbers when cutting them out from the silver card stock using the Magnetic plate and the Big Shot.
Here is the card stock with the numbers removed.
I glued the silver card stock to the front of a Whisper White card.
This shows the embossed piece - covering the holes!
Then I added the strip of Designer Series Paper.


I took the numbers that were cut from the silver card stock to finish the "Happy New Year" card.  I cut a 3 x 4 1/4 piece of Year of Cheer card stock and adhered it to a Whisper White card base.  Then I cut a gold banner to put behind the numbers "2018."   I added the greeting from the Teeny Tiny Wishes stamp set punched out using the Classic label punch.

Other retiring products you don't want to miss are the foil snowflakes and the snowflake embossing folder.

Remember - TOMORROW, January 2, 2018 is the last day to get most of the products I used on these cards.  CLICK HERE to see all of the items that are being discontinued - many of them are on sale!

CLICK HERE to start shopping!

If you would like to join the fun at one of my stamp classes, CONTACT ME for information about my monthly classes. Or CLICK HERE to see my calendar of events and RSVP to save your spot!

Thanks for stopping by!
Kathy


No comments: