Saturday, April 4, 2009

Egg Hunt


Tomorrow is Stamp Club and the 3D project we will be making is this altered soup can. I opened the can using a Pampered Chef can opener – the kind that doesn’t leave a sharp edge. After enjoying the soup and washing the can, I covered it with patterned paper (non SU.) I used the new “Egg Hunt” wheel from the Occasions mini catalog on a 1” strip of whisper white. I colored the eggs using colored pencils. I used the Eyelet Border punch along both edges of a 3” strip of Lovely Lilac cardstock, and then layered it onto the can using SNAIL and sticky strip. I used a retired stamp to make the tag, but I think I will use the scraps from the 1” wheeled strip when we make the project tomorrow. Then you fill the can with whatever you choose, seal it back up using Crystal Effects, craft glue, or a hot glue gun. The person you give the gift to, opens the can using the pop top. I made these for teacher gifts for different holidays (filling them with candy and a lottery ticket) and they were a big hit!

No comments: