Tuesday, September 8, 2020

Good Luck!


It is rare for me to post two days in a row - but I guess I have that "Back to School" excitement - even though I quit my teaching job over a year ago.   I first posted this card 4 years ago when I made it for my son's first day of school when he was a Senior in High school.  You can see that post BY CLICKING HERE.  

Ben is now a "senior" at the Virginia Militay Institute, although they do not use the term senior.  He is considered a "First" this year.  Sadly, he will not be able to enjoy many of the privledges that he has earned - since all Cadets are required to stay on post for the semester and are not allowed visitors.  So that means no football games, no parent weekend, and no Thanksgiving!  Well, there will be a Thanksgiving, but he won't be allowed to come home to celebrate with us.  That is - if they make it that long without an outbreak of Covid.  So far so good - praying hard that everyone will stay healthy.  I know he wants to be there with his "Brother Rats."

I don't have directions or supplies for this project.  Most of the pieces are either retired or hand cut.  It looks like the silver top of the clipboard was made using the Scalloped Tag Topper punch - so if you wanted to make a similar card - you could start with that,

So......for everyone heading back to school today - whatever that looks like for you and your family - I wish you luck!  I'll be praying for!

Please follow my FACEBOOK PAGEPINTEREST BOARDS, and YOU TUBE channel so you won't miss a thing!

Thanks for stopping by!
Kathy





 

No comments: