Friday, January 21, 2022

"Coloring" with Designer Series Paper

This is a set of cards that I made using the In The Moment stamp set from the Stampin' Up! Jan/June 2022 mini catalog.  I used the Paper Piercing technique to do some of the "coloring" on these images.

First, I stamped the image on a piece of Basic White card stock.  Then I stamped part of the image on different pieces of designer series paper.


I used my Paper Snips to cut out different parts of the image.


Then I glued those pieces to the image on the white card stock.


Finally, I finished coloring the image using my Stampin' Blends.  I also used paper piecing for her top - but I would suggest NOT using black paper the first time you try this technique.  It was very difficult to see the outlines of the stamped imagine when cutting it out.


Below is the final card.  It is really cute in real life!  Earlier this week, I posted a video that shows you how to cut and score the card stock to make this card.  You can see that video and details for making the card BY CLICKING HERE.  I also explain the paper piecing technique in that video.

Here is the same card, made using different Designer Paper.


Below are measurements for the other cards that I made.

 
Measurements for this card:
  • Basic White Thick card base 5-1/2 x 8-1/2
  • Patterned Paper strip 1-1/2 x 5-1/2
  • Basic White card stock for image 3 x 3
  • Black mat 3-1/4 x 3-1/4


Measurements for this card:
  • Basic White Thick card base 5-1/2 x 8-1/2
  • Patterned Paper strip 1-3/4  x 5-1/4
  • Basic White card stock for image 3 x 3
  • Black mat 3-1/4 x 3-1/4


Measurements for this card:
  • Basic White Thick card base 5-1/2 x 8-1/2
  • Patterned Paper 4 x 5
  • White card stock for image 4 x 4; cut along outside edge of image to fit on the front using photo as a guide
  • 2" Basic White card stock circle for stamped greeting

Below are the products I used to make the cards.  Click on any image for more information or to add the item to you shopping cart. 

If you have any questions about making these cards, please EMAIL ME.

Thanks for stopping by!
Kathy






















No comments: