Tuesday, January 18, 2022

Fun Fold SIde Step Card - video tutorial

Watch the video to see how to make a fun fold card.  I believe this is called a side step card.  I made this card using the stamp set, In The Moment, from the new Jan/June 2022 mini catalog from Stampin' Up! and the Friendly Hello Designer Paper from the Jan/Feb Sale-a-bration brochure.  It is not as hard to cut and score this card as you would think!  This card could be made for any occassion using almost any paper and stamp set.  I hope you will give this card a try!  Be sure to watch until the end of the video to see how I "paper pieced" her clothing - and to see several other cards I made using this stamp set.  (If you are viewing this in your email or on a mobile device  - you may need to click on the title to load the video.)


Here is the card that I made in the video.



Below is another version of the card, using different patterns of the "Friendly Hello"  Designer Paper.  As I mention in the video, her clothing is actually small pieces of patterned paper that I cut using my paper snips.  Any paper with a small pattern would work for this Paper Piecing technique, but I used designs from the 6x6 packs of Designer Series Paper from the annual catalog.  

After the paper pieces were glued down, I finished coloring the image using Stampin' Blends.


The photo below shows the measurements for making a card like mine.  You will have to watch the video to see how to cut and score the card base.  You can also take a screen shot of these pieces/measurements from the video.



Please do not hestitate to E-MAIL ME if you have any questions!  I am here to help!

If you are inspired to make a card like mine, I would love you to purchase the products from my online store.  Click on any image below to learn more about the products or to add it to your shopping cart or wish list!



Thanks for stopping by!
Kathy




No comments: