Wednesday, March 25, 2020

Cards for a Cause


For the past few days I have been making cards to give to a friend who works at a retirement community.  The residents are not allowed any visitors, so I'm hoping that a card from a stranger will brighten their day.  My goal was to make 40 cards - one for each day of Lent.  There have been several card challenges on Facebook - to send one card a day for the 40 days of Lent.  I just decided to make them all at once! 

The cards above were made with retired Designer Series Paper and coordinating card stock and ribbon.  The words and flowers are from the stamp set Colorful Seasons.  I used the Stitched Shapes and Layering Oval Dies for the oval pieces.

Below are photos of the other sets of cards that I made.  Each card has a hand written note from me inside.  Several other Stampin' Up! demonstrators in our group also made cards to donate- so I think everyone at the facility will get a card.  I hope it will cheer them up during this time of social distancing.  

The cards above are all birthday cards.  Many of them were projects that came in past Paper Pumpkin kits.  There will be 9 people celebrating their birthdays without their families during the rest of March and April.  I wasn't sure how many were men - so I made a few that were more masculine - and several that would be suitable for a man or woman.

This set of cards were ones that I had hoarded in my craft room for several years: class samples, swaps, cards that I had for sale.  I'm almost embarrassed to say that one of them is from my very first year as a Stampin' Up! demonstrator - and I just celebrated my 12th anniversary!
This last set was also made with retired Designer Series Paper - and the retired colors Lost Lagoon and Delightful Dijon!  Again, I thought I should include a few more masculine cards.

Now it is back to business!  I will be working on videos, my April class to go, and maybe I'll catch up on some Paper Pumpkin kits! 

Below are some of the products that I used to make the first set of cards.  You can click on any image to add it to your shopping cart.  As of today, Stampin' Up! is still shipping products.

seasonal leaves stamp setSTITCHED SHAPES DIESLAYERING OVALS DIES


For ideas of how YOU can keep busy during this time CLICK HERE for several ideas!

CLICK HERE to go to my online store.  See the current specials including the last few weeks of Sale-a-bration.

CONTACT ME if you have questions or need help placing an order\

Thanks for stopping by!
Kathy


No comments: