Saturday, September 26, 2026

Saturday Sketch #25 - I Made a Mistake!


Can you find the "mistake" I made on this card?  Maybe you won't think it is a mistake - but read through the post to see what I did that I didn't plan to do!  This card is made with a pack of paper from the new Sept/Dec 2026 catalog from Stampin' Up!  It is called Sunflower Fields.  I just love all the colors in this pack of paper - and I didn't want to cover up too much of the piece with the sunflowers - so I left off one layer from the sketch below.  The great thing about sketches is - you can follow them exactly, or use them as inspiration!

Below is the sketch that I used to make the card.  

Measurements for making a card just like mine (inches):
  • Thick Basic White card base: 5-1/2 x 8-1/2; scored at 4-1/4
  • Cajun Craze plaid DSP layer: 3-1/2 x 4
  • Sunflower DSP layer: 4-1/2 x 3-1/4
  • Early Espresso (by mistake I used black!!!) card stock strip: 4-1/2 x 3/4
  • Golden Glow Rounded Rectangle Punched piece for sentiment (approx 2-1/4 x 1-5/8) 


Here are the card and sketch side by side.

Did you figure out my mistake?  I used Basic Black card stock for the strip behind the sentiment, when my plan was to use Early Espresso card stock, to match the colors in the patterned paper.   I had a black strip that I was using as a template to get the correct size of that piece when I was designing it, then glued it to the card - instead of cutting a piece from Early Espresso.  I always heard that you should have the color black some where in the design of a room - so maybe the same is true for the design of a card!  LOL




Please contact me if you have any questions!

 

Shop my online store here:

https://kathywinter.stampinup.net/

Follow me on Face Book:

https://www.facebook.com/ladystampalot

Join my Facebook Group:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/907793999735887

Follow me on Pinterest:

https://www.pinterest.com/karwinter/

Follow me on You Tube:

https://www.youtube.com/@ladystampalot1

Thanks for stopping by!

Kathy




No comments: