Friday, August 20, 2021

Frightfully Cute Side Step Card - video tutorial


Here is a video where I show you how to cut, score, and fold a 5 1/2 x 8 1/2 piece of card stock - to make a cute side step card.  I made mine a Halloween card - but you could make any kind of card using this fun fold.  It really is not that hard to make - if you have a good paper trimmer!

Watch until the end of the video to see 11 additional projects I made using the Frightfully Cute bundle.  (If you are viewing this in your email - you may need to click on the title to load the video.)  

CLICK HERE to see the cards on an earlier blog post.


Below are two versions of the same card.  I made some minor changes to my original card - can you spot them?




Here are the differences:

  • The trees in the top card were made using Soft Suede card stock; for the bottom card I used the Black Glitter paper.
  • I used Basic Gray card stock to make the fence in the top card; for the bottom card I used Smokey Slate.
  • The owl in the top photo is die cut from Crumb Cake card stock; for the bottom card I used Soft Suede card stock.
  • You probably can't see the tombstones very well in either photo.  In the bottom card, I clustered them together in the back - and popped them up using Stampin' Dimensionals. The tombstones were fussy cut from a piece of the Cute Halloween Designer Series Paper.
  • I added a purple crow - cut from a piece of the Cute Halloween DSP - to the bottom card.
  • In the top card, I used Basic Black card stock for the scallop circle behind the greeting.  For the bottom card I used Black Glitter paper.  
  • I used a piece of Gold Shimmer Ribbon for the top card and Black & White Gigham ribbon for the bottom card.

CLICK HERE to vist my online store.  Place an order during August and September and you can choose FREE Sale-a-bration items.

CONTACT ME if you have any questions about making this card, or anything to do with Stampin' Up!

Thanks for stopping by!

Kathy

No comments: