Wednesday, July 1, 2020

Fun Fold Birthday Card


This is a fun fold card that I made for two friends who had birthdays in June.  I copied the idea from a card that I received from my sister - I will show that card at the end of this blog post.

I have seen similar cards on Pinterest - and even though it may look difficult - this card is actually quite easy to put together.  I used that adorable paper from the last mini catalog which is sadly no longer availabe to purchase.  I hope my friends didn't think it was too childish - I like bright and cheery birthday cards, and we are all young at heart. 

This card would work with any coordinating papers and could be used for any occasion.  The "Happy Birthday" greeting is from the Seaside Notions stamp set - which I will be featuring in my August ZOOM class.  Details about that class will be posted soon!  This will be a BONUS card you will make it that class, with a minimum purchase.

In the photo above - you can see how this card opens and below is a photo of the card fully opened.  It is a regular sized card (4 1/4 x 5 1/2) and fits into a Stampin' Up! medium sized envelope. Do you see that I used the scalloped edge die from Stitched Be Mine dies to create the bottom border on the white piece?   I stamp two retired greetings for the inside.

Measurements for making this card (inches):
Card base is 4 1/4 x 11 and scored at 2 3/4 & 8 1/4
Designer Series Paper: 1 5/8 x 5
Coordinating card stock: 1 7/8 x 5 1/4
White for inside of card: 4 x 5 1/4

Tailored Tag punch was used to punch the label for "Happy Birthday" greeting
1/2 strip of Designer Series paper was placed behind the label  (I punched the edges on that strip using the Tailored Tag punch.  Can you figure out how I did it?!)

Below are some of the products I used to make the cards.  Click on any image for more information or to add it to your shopping bag in my online store.

SEASIDE NOTIONS CLING STAMP SETSTITCHED BE MINE DIEStailored straight edge tag punch

And here is the card that Donna sent me - for no particular reason except to brighten my day.  Which it did!

If you have any questions about how to make this cards, please EMAIL me.

Please consider signing up for my monthly newsletter using the link on the side of this blog post.

Please follow my FACEBOOK PAGEPINTEREST BOARDS, and YOU TUBE channel 

Thanks for stopping by!
Kathy


No comments: