Wednesday, April 29, 2020

Pop Up 21st Birthday Card

My son, Ben, turned 21 on Monday.  I spent two days designing and making this card for him.  It uses a lot of retired Stampin' Up! products.  I usually don't make cards that involve this much work - but I had a lot of time on my hands - with staying at home during the current pandemic. I designed the card front around the piece of designer series paper with candles.  I cut a section of 21 candles - and had to make it work with just that portion of the paper.  The colors are Pacific Point the Tangerine Tango or Tangelo Twist - can't remember!  But both are retired and similar to each other.

 This is the inside of the card - it pops up to look like the desk in his bedroom, where he is completing his spring semester of college.  My sense of humor is to remind him where/how he celebrated this milestone  birthday.  Below is a photo of his real desk - which I used as inspiration for the card.
To point out a few details:

  • He has the ABC flags for sailing above his desk - I made the flags on the card spell out HAPPY BIRTHDAY
  • His desk is made from two sets of black metal mechanics drawers - with a laminated kitchen counter top - with a "splatter" design.  I stamped the splatter onto blue card stock with white and Smokey Slate ink.  The drawer pulls are cut from silver foil paper.
  • He has a collection of Hess trucks above his desk on a wooden shelf.  I made a shelf using wood grain patterned paper - and cut small trucks from a (non -SU) piece of patterned paper.  I colored the trucks using a white gel pen, then added green markings to make them look more like Hess trucks.
  • The books are stickers - and if you look closely you will see a calculator sticker - that matches the calculator on his desk I made the red mouse by hand cutting the shape from a balloon sticker.
  • I made the laptop from card stock.  The happy birthday stamp is from Teeny Tiny Wishes (retired.)  I used a black Stampin' Up! marker to ink and stamp each word separately.
  • And, yes, the carpet in his room is Garden Green - like the card stock I used for the card.  The walls are Pacific Point - and match the walls of his room perfectly

And below is a picture of the birthday boy.

It is really easy to make the pop up element of this card.  Maybe I will put it on my list of videos to make.  



CLICK HERE to see and print the PDF of retiring products from the Stampin' Up! Jan - June mini catalog.

CLICK HERE  to see and print the PDF of retiring products from the  Stampin' Up! annual catalog.

CLICK HERE to go to my online store to SEE the retiring products and to start shopping.

A few notes about retiring products:

  • The Stampin' Blends markers are NOT retiring.  They will only be sold in combo packs of two pens, beginning with the new annual catalog.  So  now is your last chance to buy single pens.
  • Many of the retiring products are discounted up to 60% off.
  • Stamp sets are guaranteed to be available through May 22.  All other retiring products are WHILE SUPPLIES LAST.
  • When you see a "bundle" retiring - the stamp set itself may NOT be retiring.  It's just the last time you can buy the bundle for the additional 10% off.


PLEASE CONTACT ME if you have any questions - or if you would like me to place you order.

Please follow my FACEBOOK PAGEPINTEREST BOARDS, and YOU TUBE channel.


Thanks for stopping by!
Kathy

Sign up for my news letter here. 

Add your birthdate so I can send you a card! (I'll email you several weeks in advance for your mailing address.)

Subscribe

* indicates required

/ ( mm / dd )

No comments: