Wednesday, May 20, 2020

Let's Stamp A Little!


It's been over two months since I've been able to have stamp classes here at my house.  I have been doing a lot of stamping - but a BIG part of the fun is stamping with other people.  We are making the best of it by sending each other "Happy Mail" - and having zoom meetings, but I sure do miss stamping with my friends in person.

Even with the states starting to open - I'm not planning "in person" classes anytime soon.  I'm of a particular age.....and also was recently diagnosed with one of those "underlying medical issues."  I really don't want to take any chances until I know it will be safe for me as well as my friends.

In the meantime,  I'm trying to find a place for my stamping business online.   I may be a little late to the party, but please watch the video below - and learn how you can help!

Even if you think you are NOT creative - PLEASE join the group anyway and over the next 6-7 days read my posts, watch the videos, and then comment and share.   I will be giving away prizes and gifts - so please join the fun and invite a friend to join!  If you don't like what you see - then leave the group at the end of the "party".  But I hope you will stay and see what else I have planned - including ZOOM classes and hopefully a virtual version of  my famous Birthday Bingo in July!

Of course I would love to sell a kit or two (OK maybe a little more than that!)  Many of the kits and projects I plan to feature are perfect activities to do with the entire family. But the main goal for the next 7 days is to have more people visit and view my social media platforms. 

The other night I was watching The Tonight Show and Jimmy Fallon was talking to Mo Willems (author/illustrator of children's books.) This is what Mo said about the pandemic:

"Science will get us out of this but art will get us through it."

This is so true for me!  I can not explain how much stamping has helped me the past few months.  Making cards keeps my mind busy - and off of what's being reported on the news 24/7.   I am so happy to hear from the people who have enjoyed receiving my cards - because the cards seem to be arriving when a little "pick me up" is needed.

So I hope for the next few days - when you are checking your FB feed - you will stop to read my posts, watch a video, share with others, leave a comment, and maybe give stamping a try.

You can join my new Facebook Group by clicking on this link: "Let's Stamp a Little."  


Look for this photo as the page header - so you know you're in the right place:


Hope to see you there!

Kathy

2 comments:

Sandy Kinchen said...

Kathy,
It is exciting to be a part of your crafting circle. I look forward to learning more about card crafting and scrapbooking.
Thank you for sharing your passion.
Sandy Kinchen

Nancy Montgomery said...

I have been stamping alot during this time of idolation!