Monday, May 25, 2020

Poppy Parade One Sheet Wonder

Happy Memorial Day!  


When I was young - I remember my mom and aunts referring to Memorial Day as Decoration Day.  I also remember people wearing poppies and selling little paper poppies as a fundraiser.  I did a little research and found out that after the Civil War, the graves of soldiers were decorated with flowers.  One reason the poppy became the symbol of Memorial Day is because poppies were the first flower to grow in the fields where the soldiers bodies were buried.  Thanks, Google!

So I thought today would be a good day to share these cards that I made with the Peaceful Poppies Designer Series Paper.  Although the two stamp sets in the Peaceful Poppies Suite (Jan - June 2020 Mini Catalog) WILL be carrying over to the 2020-2021 Annual Catalog - the matching Designer Series Paper WILL NOT!  If you like this paper - the last day to purchase it from my online store is June 2 - or while supplies last! Watch the short video to see the paper - although Stampin' Up!'s paper is always more beautiful in real life - you'll get the idea of what it looks like!


This set of cards is made from a One Sheet Wonder pattern.  The 6 cards were made from cutting up one half sheet of the 12x12 paper.  I used the other half to decorate the flaps of the envelopes.  But you could make 12 cards from one sheet of paper if you didn't decorate the envelopes.  

I will be sharing the pattern for this One Sheet Wonder in my new private Face Book group, Let's Stamp A Little.  You can join the group BY CLICKING HERE.

I will offering an online class in June where you can make a set of cards similar to these. Sign up for my monthly newsletter below if you would like to receive information about my new classes and events.  I will also be sharing exclusive projects and offering deals- so don't miss out! 


 I hope you will take time today to remember all those who lost their lives fighting for our country. 


CLICK HERE to check out the list of LAST CHANCE (retiring) products.  Stamp sets are guaranteed available through May 22.  Everything else is WHILE SUPPLIES LAST - through June 2.



CLICK HERE to see my January through May class to go kits.  Tuesday will be the last day to order these stamp sets through me - if you also want the freebies!

Please follow my FACEBOOK PAGEPINTEREST BOARDS, and YOU TUBE channel.

I will be launching a monthly email newsletter beginning in June.  Please complete the form below to sign up for exclusive products and special deals!  I would love to send you a card on your birthday, too!

Thanks for stopping by!
Kathy


Sign up for my news letter here:

Subscribe

* indicates required

/ ( mm / dd )

No comments: