Wednesday, March 3, 2021

Happy BIrthday, Dr. Seuss

 

Yesterday was Read Across America Day and Dr. Seuss's birthday.  I loved celebrating this special day when I was a preschool teacher.  Kids love the rhymes and funny words in the Dr. Seuss books.  One of my all time favorite Dr. Seuss books is One Fish, Two Fish, Red Fish Blue Fish.  I remember this book being on the bookshelf where I got my hair cut as a little kid.  It was always the first book I grabbed to read while I was waiting for my sisters to get their hair cut.  It was one of my favorite Dr. Seuss books to read to my class to to my own children. 

When I was searching Pinterest for ideas using the Whale Done stamp set, I saw a card by Sarah Berry from the UK, and all I could think of was that book!  I made my card almost exactly like she did - except I moved the greeting to the bottom of the card to cover a smudge of ink!  LOL!!!  I also centered the white stamped piece on the card front.

You can see her card below:


I'm really trying hard to do a little decorating inside my cards.  The stamps in the Whale Done stamp set make it really easy to do that!

Basic Directions:
  • Pumpkin Pie card base 5-1/2 x 8-1/2; scored at 4-1/4
  • Basic White card stock for front: 3-1/4 x 5-1/2  and inside: 4 x 5-1/4 and scrap for punching Tailored Tag 
  • Stamp Pad colors: Pumpkin Pie, Granny Apple Green, Balmy Blue



The Whale of a Time product suite can be found on pages 94-96 of the Stampin' Up! 2020-2021 annual catalog.  I purchased the entire product suite right away, because I love anything to do with the ocean and beach.  I used the Whale of a Time Designer Series Paper to make a cute 6x6 fold up mini album for a class that I taught for the Parks, Recreation,  & Tourism Department for my city.  But I never inked up the stamp set until recently. 

Here are some photos of the album.








You can see a short video that I made, showing this album BY CLICKING HERE.

Over the weekend, I made several cards using these products - once I started I could not stop!  Be sure to come back to see those cards. 

CLICK HERE to see the products in the Whale of a Time suite.  Add them to your wish list or shopping bag in my online store.

CONTACT ME if you have any questions.

Please follow my FACEBOOK PAGEMY FACEBOOK GROUPPINTEREST BOARDS, and YOU TUBE channel so you won't miss a thing!


Thanks for stopping by!
Kathy





No comments: